Featuring all-new FREE bonus content, including the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2, as well as the Kunos home made Highlands track!
AUDI QUATTRO S1 E2
Introduced back in 1984, the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 revolutionized rallying. Just like the other manufacturers, Audi used the lenient homologation requirements to create a new rally car. All the car maker needed for homologation was a production run of a mere 200 cars.
Blomqvist’s spectacular, sideways driving style suited the Sport quattro perfectly. By flicking the tail out, the Swede overcame the natural understeer of the nose-heavy Audi. He won five of the twelve rounds and was crowned the 1984 World Champion. Mikkola and Roehrl also won a round, which was enough to clinch the constructor’s trophy.
The perfect track doesn’t exist.
That’s why we created one.
Highlands – The original layout, 8152 meters long, filled with fast flowing path with curves and several jumps.
Highlands Long – An extension of the original layout, 12191 meters long and has all the characteristics of the original layout. This layout features some slower curves, a fast series of left and right turns, after a passage between rocks and the distinctive 3km long “Cabhag straight”
Highlands Drift – A configuration born to create long powerslides with supercars and hypercars. At 5167 meters long, this layout features long, flat and smooth curves, perfect for holding a constant power slide. The “tower lùb”, guards the surroundings at the top of the hill.
Highlands Short – The shortest configuration, only 1714 meters, but based entirely inside the city. Incredibly intense and requires the concentration of a pro.
All four layouts share the same starting positions and pit lane, as well as the first corner and final 2 corners.
Some fixes included in 1.12 are: improved and updated V10 tyre model for all cars available, improved and updated cars handling and chassis balance and inertia for all cars available, brake fade for all vintage cars, improved tyre wear and tyre graining algorithms taking more into account the load operation for each tyre and Fanatec Leds and display now supported.
Full Assetto Corsa 1.12 Changelog
WARNING: this update resets assetto_corsa.ini, we advise to check values for gyro, free camera etc.
- New Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 group B rally car.
- New Highlands track in four layouts.
- Removed on screen Fuel Indicator for cars except the player’s one.
- Fixed Setup Tab sorting.
- Added online Timed Races (with and without additional lap).
- Added online ResultScreen time.
- Tweaked all the system apps regarding Timed Races.
- Fixed online pit crew locations.
- Added pressure meter color on Tire App (based on compound ideal pressure).
- Updated minimum pressures and optimum pressures for various cars.
- New v10 tyre wear algorithms more sensitive to load for all cars.
- Graining is now reducing when driving in good temperature conditions.
- New and updated V10 street, semislick, vintage, and race slicks tyres for all cars (a total of 151 cars updated).
- Updates for cars that already had V10 tyres as well.
- Updated chassis balance and inertias for all 151 available cars.
- Updated engine coast braking for street cars.
- Updated antiroll bars for Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car as per suggestion of Porsche that asymmetrical antiroll bar settings are not advised, so now settings are back to 7 in setup screen.
- Updated rear wing aero for Porsche 911 GT3 Cup to allow for lower rear wing at high speed tracks like Monza.
- Added rear vertical fin for Lotus 98T.
- Updated Brake temps for: Shelby Cobra, Lamborghini Miura, Alfa Romeo GTA, Abarth 595, Ford Escort RS, Ford GT40, Lotus 25, Lotus 49, Maserati 250F 6C and 12C, Lotus 72D, Ferrari 312T, Ferrari F40.
- Fixed penalty detection.
- Online cut reporting (Throttle Cut disabling).
- Added acServerManager 1.12.0.
- Added timed race management.
- Added result screen management.
- Track with 2 pits are allowed.
- Added option for online cut reporting (with Throttle Cut disabling).
- Pitstop: Suspension repair will automatically fix body too.
- Added Tyre compound on race_out.json and server result.
- Fixed Gt3 AI crashing at Nordschleife.
- Added DigitalLed Tyre lock/slip script.
- implemented in the latest Porsche racing cars, GT3 Cup, GT3 R and 919 Hybrid 2016.
- Added Decimals to DigitalItem Fuel script.
- Added local velocity to Shared Memory.
- FF_SKIP_STEPS now defaults to 0. Wheels with problematic FF can have it set back to 1 if necessary.
- Added new [FF_SKIP_STEPS] VALUE=0 optional parameter in controls.ini.
- Added Fanatec leds support (system/cfg/fanatec.ini).
- Added Pitstop to Qualify session.
- Tweaked confusing “Drive through penalty” message.
- Fixed Pitstop times for Porsche race cars.
- Tweaked M4 Akrapovic engine volume.
- Fixed Porsche 911 GT3 RS coast volume.