After the massive update to 1.12 with the Audi Quattro Rally car, and the Highlands fantasy track, the Kunos team have once again pulled out all the stops and managed to squeeze in a few extra fixes for the VR users of the amazing racing simulator.
Ever since the first implementation of VR for the consumer headsets there has been a slight bug in the mirror image shown on screen while you are racing in VR. The bug meant that the mirror image only displayed at one third of the headset FPS (30 FPS max) which made the the image look jerky to anyone watching on the screen, or in any recordings you made.
The other issue was that in VR the audio did not follow the rotation of your head. For example, if a car was passing on my right and I turn my head to look at it, the sound should appear to come from the direction of the car, i.e I should beable to hear it more loudly in my left ear once my head is turned, which didn’t happen up until now.
I’m very happy to report that both of these issues have now been fixed, along with a couple of other bugs I’ve listed below from the Assetto Corsa 1.12.2 and 1.12.3 update changes.
Assetto Corsa 1.12.2 Changelog
- Improved Oculus rift “mirror texture” framerate.
- Added option to turn Oculus “mirror texture” off in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/oculus.ini.
- Fixed Fanatec wheels rotation angle forced to 800 degrees.
Fixed sudden disconnection in booking mode: now it happens at the end of race’s result screen.
- Fixed timed race in shared memory.
- Fixed 595 Abarth AI stopping in x86.
- Fixed OculusVR rendering of distant objects with Post Processing enabled.
- Fixed Shelby Cobra front tyre heating typo and tyre pressure setup range.
- Fixed Porsche 911 Turbo S automatic downshift bug.
- Improved brake steer algorithms for low speeds for Porsche 911 Carrera S, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Porsche 911 R, Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche 918 Spyder, Porsche Panamera Turbo.
- Improved Porsche 918 spyder brake performance.
- Corrected McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 spyder acceleration performance.
- Fixed LaFerrari wrong sample pitch on coast.
- Current time is now smoothed out in replays.
- Added new Special Events on Highlands track.
- Fixed AI App crash with mod tracks
Assetto Corsa 1.12.3 Changelog
- Audio is now following head rotation/offset in VR correctly.
- Audio driver swap is now only effective after restarting acs.
- Fixed Abarth 595 automatic gearbox 2nd->3rd gearchange indecision.
- Fixed AI unable to correctly manage slow corners with low grip in pitlane.
Some words about audio driver swap: in the in-game audio app, there’s a list of device drivers (if available) you can select. In order to switch speakers configuration properly, once selected the audio driver you need to exit game (Go back to the launcher) and then start it again.